Mountain Christian School offers sports programs at both elementary and high school levels, under the banner of MCS Rams.
For more information on our Rams sports teams, please refer to our Facebook page.
Enjoying the 2020-2021 year of Extra-Curricular Sports!
All athletes interested in participating in Elementary and Highschool sports, please fill in this form: Student Athlete Registration Form
We are in need of coaches for our upcoming basketball season!! Please apply here: https://forms.gle/iZYwN2iVZ8xhniUq8
Currently, we have several great teams and wrapping up our Volleyball Skills Development season!
- HS Basketball starts Dec. 1 from 2:50-3:45pm on Tuesdays.
- Elementary Basketball starts mid January
MCS Extra-Curricular Athletics (MCSECA)
Principles of the MCSECA
- To ensure the well-being of each student-athlete
- To ensure the well-being of all school and athletic programs.
- To ensure a program consistent with the values and goals of Mountain Christian School.
Purposes/Objectives of the MCSECA
- To provide students with the opportunity to explore and express themselves through athletic competition.
- To provide students with the opportunity to represent Christ, their family, their school and community.
- To contribute to the development of school spirit.
- To provide students with opportunities to participate in activities that promote healthy living.
- To provide a wide range of individual and team activities and allow students of all ability levels to participate.
- To allow as many student-athletes as possible to participate.
- To satisfy the need to socialize and broaden student experience.
- To teach the concepts of commitment, teamwork and work ethic.
- To teach the concepts of fair play and sportsmanship.
- To allow students to develop life-long skills and abilities.
- To promote the Code of Conduct for MCS players, spectators, parents, coaches, and teachers.
Overview of Athletic Activities
- For Elementary League Team Sports: Students in Grades 6 to 7 are able to compete (Grade 4 & 5 students able to tryout for the Gr. 6-7 Team). Grade 4-5’s may have their own practices and league play.
- Students in all High school grades are able to compete in age-appropriate competitions.
- High school sports declaration and registration deadline: October 3
- Each year we will work towards as many competitive opportunities as possible.
- We will endeavor to be active in each local concentrated sport in both Elementary and High School, and provide comparative competitive sport alternatives for our district.
Games and tournaments are not only a learning experience but are also a great deal of fun.
Cross Country Grades K-12 (September – November)
- Typically joins with Central (Eric Wolfe) for training and meets.
Volleyball Grades 6-12, Smashball Grades 3-5 (September – November)
- League and Local tournament typically end of November
- High School – Girls and Boys
- Championship Tournament typically first week in December
Basketball Grades 4-12 (December – March)
- Local tournament
- High School – Boys
- Zones end of February
- Championship typically mid-March
Soccer – Grades 4-12
- Elementary (April – June)
- High School – Boys (September – November)
- Championship entry deadline: October 24, 2015
- Championship dates typically first week in November
- High School – Girls (March – June)
Golf – Grades 3-12 (May-June)
Other Potential Programs
- Track and Field (April – June)
- As athletic interest warrants
Our program runs on volunteers and fundraising, we are super thankful for every athlete, parent, coach, community member’s contribution. Thanks so much for your continued support of the MCS RAMS program!
1st Place Gold in both Volleyball and Basketball during the 2019-2020 school year for our Grade 6-7 Athletes! Way to Go RAMS!!!