At the end of each academic year, MCS takes great pride in awarding students with excellent academic performance, students who demonstrate talent and skill in a variety of areas and students who set an outstanding example to their peers in the Christian faith.
Here are some of our award categories:
- Top Academic
- Top Math
- Top Science
- Honour Roll
- Christian Witness
- Principal’s Award (one grade 12 student)
- Biblical Studies
Mountain Christian Scholarships and Bursaries
Mountain Christian School is proud to present our students with the opportunity for scholarships. We are currently awarding over $8,000 in scholarships and bursaries to students in grades k through 12! This includes up to three tuition bursaries for students who achieve an A average and maintain excellent attendance throughout the year! We also have a variety of post-secondary scholarships for students in grades 4 through 12 based on high academic achievement, and we award one high-achieving student each year who is planning to attend a Christian post-secondary institution.
For more information, please see the awards notice.
Some awards require students to fill out a brief application.
Scholarships After Graduation
Here is a list of websites to find scholarships, grants and financial aid for students wishing to pursue post secondary education.
- Student Aid BC has a large database of scholarships, as well as information on provincial loans for students.
- Scholarships Canada has a large, searchable database of awards and scholarships.
- CanLearn is the Federal government’s website designed to help students plan for post-secondary education.
- Student Scholarships is another source for awards and scholarships.
- BC Ministry of Education has information on scholarships, bursaries, and loans.
Other Helpful Websites
Unlock Your Future is a company dedicated to making the scholarship process approachable for high school students across Canada.
AcademicInvest is a website free for all Canadian students. Its purpose is to introduce students to grant, scholarship and bursary funding, as well as employment opportunities. There is also a tool which allows students to find out various career options available to them based on their major.