Mountain Christian School offers excellent extra-curricular sports programs at both elementary and high school levels, under the banner of MCS RAMS.
For more information on our Rams sports teams, please refer to our Facebook page.
2020 – Elementary Basketball First Place
MCS Extra-Curricular Athletics (MCSECA)
Principles of the MCSECA
- To ensure the well-being of each student-athlete
- To ensure the well-being of all school and athletic programs.
- To ensure a program consistent with the values and goals of Mountain Christian School.
Purposes/Objectives of the MCSECA
- To provide students with the opportunity to explore and express themselves through athletic competition.
- To provide students with the opportunity to represent Christ, their family, their school and community.
- To contribute to the development of school spirit.
- To provide students with opportunities to participate in activities that promote healthy living.
- To provide a wide range of individual and team activities and allow students of all ability levels to participate.
- To allow as many student-athletes as possible to participate.
- To satisfy the need to socialize and broaden student experience.
- To teach the concepts of commitment, teamwork and work ethic.
- To teach the concepts of fair play and sportsmanship.
- To allow students to develop life-long skills and abilities.
- To promote the Code of Conduct for MCS players, spectators, parents, coaches, and teachers.
Overview of Athletic Activities
- For Elementary League Team Sports: Students in Grades 6 & 7 are able to compete (Grade 4 & 5 students able to tryout for the Gr. 6 & 7 Team). Grade 4-5’s may have their own practices and league play.
- Students in all High school grades are able to compete in age-appropriate competitions.
- BC High school sports declaration and registration deadline: October 3
- Each year we will work towards as many competitive opportunities as possible.
- We will endeavor to be active in each local concentrated sport in both Elementary and High School, and provide comparative competitive sport alternatives for our district.
Games and tournaments are not only a learning experience but are also a great deal of fun.
Cross Country Grades K-12 (September – November)
- Local League Meets at Various Schools weekly
- High School – Girls and Boys
- Typically joins with Central (Eric Wolfe) for training and meets.
- Grades 6 & 7 Elementary September – November
- League and tournament typically end of November
- Grades 8 – 12 – Girls and Boys September – November
- Zones and Provincial Tournaments typically last weekend in November
- Grades 4 & 5 Smashball runs April and May
Grade 11 & 12 Credit program for becoming a Volleyball Referee: Become a Referee Credit Program.
Curling Grades 4-7 (October – March)
- Local League and Bonspiel
- Grade 6 & 7 January – March
- League play
- Local tournament
- Grades 8 – 12 – Boys and Girls January – March
- Zones end of February
- Provincials typically early-March
- Grades 4 & 5 Basketball runs April and May
Soccer – Grades 4-12
- Elementary (April – June)
- High School – Boys (September – November)
- Championship entry deadline: October 24, 2015
- Championship dates typically first week in November
- High School – Girls (March – June)
Golf – Grades 3-12 (May-June Depending on Coach availability)
Tennis– Grades 8-12 (May-June Depending on Coach availability)
Other Potential Programs
- Track and Field (April – June)
- As athletic interest warrants
For MCSRAMS Policies: Mountain Christian School Extra Curricular Athletic Program
Our program runs on volunteers and fundraising, we are super thankful for every athlete, parent, coach, and community member’s contribution. Thanks so much for your continued support of the MCS RAMS program!
For more information, please connect with Tony Vigar.